Infrastructure: Renewable Energy
What type of renewable energy?
Lazuli Solutions has modelled solar energy, onshore wind and offshore wind.
What is a renewable energy model?
A financial model that is used for the structuring, development or operations of a renewable energy plant or portfolio of plants.
Modelling for renewable energy is defined by six characteristics:
- Short-term power purchase agreement (PPA) and longer-term wholesale market energy assumptions
- Strong seasonality of generation and exceedance probability assessments for annual energy yield
- Highly structured financing based on market cover ratios
- Macro-economic indexation to underpin revenues and operating costs
- Long-term time horizons (for example 25-years plus)
- Requirement of highly flexible sensitivity analysis
Given these six defining characteristics these models can become complex.
Who are these models for?
Our renewable energy models are for demanding, commercial-focused investors, advisors and directors. They want to better understand the dynamics of their business, and gain an intuitive feeling for the key drivers of their business. They require elegant and pragmatic solutions that simply give them the information they need, without wasting time. They demand the reassurance of proven technology and track record for the demanding commercial world in which they work.
- Our renewable energy models models are fast
- Modular build allowing change over time
- Transparent and simple modelling
- Can comfortably deal with tens of sites
- Super-organised and structured
- Excellent sensitivity analysis, results storage and comparison
- Built in FAST standardised modelling language
- Proven track record
- Bankable models, they can be used to source investment or finance
What are the key benefits?
- Fast analysis for intuitive business understanding
- Better commercial structuring
- Better deal-driver understanding
- Quicker analysis with clear and transparent organisation
- Investor reassurance with bankable models
- Reassurance from proven track record
We don’t doubt that the savvy financier has questions, so we try to answer these.
What is the cost of a renewable energy model?
Our models contain part-template and part bespoke elements so are very well priced.
Are these models reusable?
Yes, for the most part they are. We can explain this in more detail.
Will the model allow me to find the most optimised solutions?
Yes, one of the key strengths of our models is the organised and well-structured commercially correct cash flow waterfall.
Will the potential investors doubt the model?
No, our models are bankable. More than that, we like to think they are at the very top of what investors and lenders will have seen.