With the seasonality of much of e-commerce, we understand the synchronisation of revenue and costs over time. For example, one client needs to place orders with suppliers several months in advance of anticipated consumer demand. This requires a holistic approach to modelling to manage cash flows and give you a bird’s eye view of your business into the future.
We identify and highlight key drivers of the business, from the marketing funnel, through customer retention curves and LTVs to ultimate profitability of the business.
We have a relationship with a number of investors in this space so understand the outputs that are required for fund-raising to inform a robust, fully integrated financial model that allows for intuitive sensitivity analysis. This enables rapid response to investor questions; the cornerstone of a successful fund-raise.
What is an e-commerce model?
A financial model that is used for the monthly operations on an e-commerce company. This model combines the certainty of the historic actuals with the forecast of the future potential. This model wraps the e-commerce business with a set of standard company financial statements.
Features of such models include:
- Cash and accounting based results
- Can handle multiple product/service lines
- With senior debt, mezzanine finance and equity investors
- Includes cash flow waterfall
- Randomised order fulfilment forecast
- Includes input timing grid for products lines/services
- Bespoke naming grids and live labelling
- Full company financial statements
- Input grids for management accounting actuals
Who is this for?
Our e-commerce models are for demanding, commercial-focused individuals. They want to better understand the dynamics of their business, and build long-term relationships with their clients. They require elegant and pragmatic solutions that simply give them the information they need, without wasting time. They demand the reassurance of proven technology and track record for the fast-moving world in which they work.
- Our e-commerce models are fast
- Modular build allowing change over time
- Transparent and simple modelling
- Can comfortably deal with tens of product lines
- Super-organised and structured
- Excellent sensitivity analysis, results storage and comparison
- Built in FAST standardised modelling language
- Proven track record
- Bankable models, they can be used to source investment or finance
What’s in it for me?
- Fast analysis for better business understanding and intuition
- Better commercial structuring
- Better deal-driver understanding
- Quicker analysis with clear and transparent organisation
- Investor reassurance with bankable models
- Reassurance from proven track record
We don’t doubt that the savvy financier has questions, so we try to answer these.
What is the cost of a Lazuli e-commerce model?
Our models contain part-template and part bespoke elements so are very well priced.
Are these models reusable?
Yes, for the most part they are. We can explain this in more detail.
Will the model allow me to find the most optimised solutions?
Yes, one of the key strengths of our models is the organised and well-structured commercially correct cash flow waterfall.
Will the potential investors doubt the model?
No, our models are bankable. More than that, we like to think they are at the very top of what investors will have seen.